A lot of elders prefer to live in their own home than to live in senior health care facilities. One reason is that they feel more comfortable when they are at their house. Even at their sunset years and battling with debilitating diseases or suffering from a chronic medical condition, elders tend to stay at home and try to live independently. However, this is quite impossible for most of them. Their dislike in staying on any senior care facility burdens their immediate family because no one would assist them in their home unlike on this type of facility that they are monitored 24/7. Good thing that in this generation, there are senior home care providers that can meet the needs of these elders in the comfort of their home.
guidelines and protocols when rendering their services. Some of the services that are being offered to elder clients are as follows:
1. Homemaker care. Here, home care providers visit their clients on a scheduled date and time and then renders basic home care such as washing dishes, doing the laundry, buying groceries, change the beddings, clean the house, and the likes.
2. Personal Care Services. This type of service includes those activities that meet the activities of daily living of the elderly. Some of the tasks involved here are toileting, bathing, tooth brushing, grooming and dressing.
3. Meal services. The services that are included here are menu planning, buying of foods in the grocery and cooking. This can be availed on a daily basis or as needed.
4. Home Health Care. This includes services that revolve around the medical needs of the client. Some of the tasks included here are vital signs taking, wound dressing, medicating, ordering and picking up prescriptions and provides assistance during mobilization.
5. Skilled Health Care. This is provided by licensed health care practitioners such as registered nurses or physical therapists. Some of the services offered here are more on rehabilitation and rendering health teachings.
These are the services that current senior home care providers provide to their client. When opting to hire one, better search on the website of the Department of health (DOH) to make sure that the senior home care provider is licensed by DOH to render such services.